Thursday 4 August 2011

This post may save you money!!

I have just received the following e-mail purportedly from Paypal. Although I have copied it the colours and logos haven't shown up on this post but the e-mail looked very similar to the sort you would normally receive from Paypal. Something about it troubled me so I googled "Coolil and Paypal" and it seems it is a scam. I don't normally pass messages received about this sort of thing but as this one is pretty convincing I thought it worth flagging up. I have no idea what happens if you do what it suggests! I have deleted it! Hope you haven't been caught out...



Hello Member,
You sent a payment of 100 EUR To eBay


This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *eBay


Receipt No: 7854-6541-4574-3254
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at coolil, Inc. or PayPal.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Road Mice Ford Mustang Car Mouse 100.00 EUR 1 100.00 EUR
Shipping and handling 10.00 EUR
Insurance - optional 0.00 EUR
Tax 0.00 EUR
Total 90.00 EUR
Total ILS 100.00 EUR
Payment sent to paypalil@eBay.co.uk




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you confirm this payment?

If this payment was not made by you please immediately take the following steps:

* Login to your account by clicking on the link below :
* Provide requested information to ensure you are the owner of the account
* Find this transaction in HISTORY and click 'Cancel Transaction'

CANCEL TRANSACTION!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tip-off, Ticking. Its so easy to get caught out if you're not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I received on similar here in Tasmania, thought straight away it seemed suspicious as I hadn't bought anything off ebay in ages, I automatically deleted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafty bu****rs!
    Ar you going to the Market Harborough fair on Saturday?Vintage and Hand made that is.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you bloggd about this- i had the same thing and was alittle confuzzled- my gut reaction was its a scam! thanks for sharing ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed 'paypalil' so clearly some suspect things here but the instinct is to quickly click on the link and give away your details - thanks for highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing to remember is, never follow the link. Always log into your Paypal a/c the official way. If something is wrong, it will always show up there.

    Thanks for the warning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had something similar before, which I deleted, after checking my Pay pal independently!!! Glad to know it's not just me!!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many scams around these days! What a world we live in. Thanks for the tip-off.

    ReplyDelete