Friday 19 November 2010

It's been great to be getting back into the car boots. It's been a bit quiet on that front lately but I think I mentioned a while back that I found several cashmere jumpers for 10 pence each - yes 10 pence! I'm afraid at that price I wasn't choosy about size and handed over my 50 pence for 5. This one had clearly been washed at too high a temperature so the fabric had become felted but cutting the sleeves off and adding a little light blanket stitching around the arm edge was enough to turn these into a respectable pair of wrist warmers. (Hey we still have early morning frosts round here and I was pleased to have them this morning as i defrosted the car!) I just cut a little hole in the seam and overstitched it for thumbs. I like the effect of the sleeve edging over the fingers. Who needs Jack Wills handwarmers at £19 a pair? (well other than the fashion conscious youth of today with more money than me!) Just need to decide what to make with the other 4 jumpers now! I'm thinking perhaps more decoration on another pair...

1 comment: