Thursday 29 April 2010

Going on an adventure!

Thought I'd just do a quick post before I go off on my mini adventure to the Vintage and Handmade Fair in Chipping Sodbury on Saturday, preceded by meandering my way down tomorrow, via whatever little towns I can find and avoiding motorways on the way.If you see me at the fair do say hello - it would be lovely to meet you!




The top picture is auriculas in my garden - love these little flowers with my little Sylvac dog amongst them! The auricula theatre alas isn't mine - it's at Calke (National Trust) in Derbyshire and is at its best when its used for its designed purpose.




This is my favourite auricula (Calke's not mine). Isn't the flower dramatic?



I must away - there are 3 guys called Nick, Gordon and David awaiting my attention on the sofa!

Have a good weekend!

Love Wend

13 comments:

  1. Hi Wend

    Gorgeous auriculas. So pleased to be meeting you on Saturday at last (far end of the hall, left hand side I think!). Have a jolly time meandering ...

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on Saturday Wendy. I am listening to the same 3 guys while I am typing this.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they magic little flowers - they look as if they have been designed by an embroiderer.
    Have a great time at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely time, what a pretty flower it looks like it's dusted in snow.
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also Love auriculas, mine are a little behind in flowering this year.. do come & say Hello tomorrow! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time at Chipping Sodbury. It is on my doorstep and I would have loved to have met you but can't go to this one. Loved the pictures of auriculas, especially the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time...I'm envious.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auriculas are such charming and old fashioned looking plants. Sadly, I have never had much success with growing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those auriculas are gorgeous. They are so perfect they look unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I used to live in the Midlands near Worcester and I collected Auriculas (try Ashwood Garden Centre and the Malvern Spring Show).
    Now I live in Devon and run This'n'That.
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all went well at the fair.
    Auriclas are just so beautiful, so cheery.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoyed the Fair and bought some lovelies.Was lovely to meet you in The Poppy cafe across the road,looked out for you in the fair but so busy. Now I no your blog will stop by again & you have encouraged me to actually write on my own after our chat.
    Lin x

    ReplyDelete