Wednesday 15 April 2009

Tea for Two?


So, after a lovely weekend with lots of digging, hoeing, vegetable planting and leek pulling at the allotment and a great antiques fair on Sunday, I remembered when I got to work yesterday that I hadn't checked to see whether I had won something that I'd bid on at the local auction over the weekend. I was amazed to find that I had won these lovely boxes of cups, saucers and trios!

Aren't they gorgeous! Actually there were two more, but I gave those away. There were 6 cup, saucer and plate trios and 9 more cup and saucer sets.


The dinky pink coffee can at the back has a label attached stating that it's from 1881, so I was thrilled. Slightly less thrilled when I found that another was held together with blu-tack! But hey - they're the loveliest things I've seen on my desk for ages! Can't wait to research some of the others. Just have to find good out of the way places to display them now.

Darling Daughter returned from the US yesterday, bringing with her the latest "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" magazine to inspire me, along with lots and lots of fabulous photographs of the amazing architecture and pictures from the Museum of Modern Art in New York. (Amazingly, you can take photos in there!) Its great to have her back home - now we just need to take some time so that she can tell me about all her adventures.
Back soon.
Wend

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Thanks for visiting my blog..and your lovely comment!
    I'll take a read of yours now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Wend.

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog as well. So nice to discover you across the pond. I too love a good tag sale (that's what we call a boot sale), but have curbed my habit a bit as I have no where to put things and I have three little boys with no interest in accompanying me. Love to read your adventures. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete